Good Evening Everyone! This is what I had for supper and I have to say it was amazing. Make this with some rice and you will be in homemade heaven! Original Recipe Found Here
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter, or ghee
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 8-10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Place the butter, chopped onions, garlic, ginger, and all spices in the Instant Pot. Set on Sauté for 5 minutes. Stir to make sure the ingredients don’t burn. Once the onions are soft, turn off.
- Add the chopped chicken thighs and canned tomato sauce. Lock the lid into place and turn the Instant Pot on Pressure Cook High for 7 minutes. Once finished, turn the Instant Pot Off, then perform a Quick Release to release the steam pressure. Once the valve button drops, unlock the lid and remove.
- Stir in the heavy cream. Set the Instant Pot on Sauté again and simmer for 2 minutes to thicken the sauce. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with basmati rice.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? You can make this recipe in the slow cooker! Follow step 1 on the stove top, then transfer the onions and spices to a slow cooker. Add the tomato sauce and chopped chicken. Cover and slow cook for 6-8 hours on low. Then stir in the cream and serve.Burn Notice: Some Instant Pot users have reported they get a “burn notice” with this recipe. Although I have not experienced this personally, different models of IPs vary a little in the cooking process. If your IP is prone to flash the burn notice, add 1 cup water to this recipe.