As many know I am a huge fan of eating. However, in my time at home I have become obsessed with a specific type of food, Scones! The come in so many shapes and sizes. They can be flat and triangular or big and puffy. There are so many ways that they can be made.
Today I want to share my newest scone type, Pear Scones. They are full of cinnamon and butter. When they are eaten they crunch yet they also melt. I am actually in love with them. So I dare you to try these bad boys at home and let me know in the comments what you think!
Love Winter and Mark
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- ⅓ cup butter, chilled
- 1 egg
- ½ cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chopped pear
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Step 2: Sift together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl; cut in the butter until the mixture has a crumbly texture. Whisk together the egg and half-and-half in a separate bowl; stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until combined; stir in the pear. Drop large spoonfuls of the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Step 3: Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes; rest briefly on a cooling rack before serving.